ACI TREZZA AND ACI CASTELLO
Aci Trezza, according to legend this was the land where lived a Cyclops, the son of the sea god Poseidon called Polyphemus, one of the popular characters from Homer's novel, Odyssey.
- Try the seafood or taste a good Granita in front of the 'Faraglioni dei Ciclopi' (Eight big rocks)
- Lachea Island
- Casa Del Nespolo (Malavoglia - Giovanni Verga)
- Aci Castello Castle (Everyday h. 9:00 - 13,00 and h. 16:00 - 20,00)
ENNA, PIAZZA ARMERINA AND AGIRA
If you have a car you can enjoy one day into the heart of Sicily.
- You can visit the 'Villa Romana Del Casale', an UNESCO World Heritage Site for one of the largest and varied collections of Roman mosaics in the world.
- You can visit Enna, the highest Italian provincial capital and a fantastic viewpoint of Sicily
- Or you can spend a few hours to explore Agira. A town full of Norman Churches and good food as 'Cassatelle di Agira'
If you have a car, visit the most green area in Sicily and taste the best cheeses, meat products, nuts...
- ROCCHE DELL'ARGIMUSCO, a magical and mysterious place. A group of large quartz sandstone rocks, with their curious and suggestive shape, stand over a thousand meters above sea level. Some popular beliefs associate this site to the famous Stonehenge
- MONTALBANO ELICONA, is a really excellent place to visit. The most beautiful village in Italy 2015 The tiny houses characterised by a medieval imprint, are built on a big rock creating a complex labyrinth of beatiful alleys that surround the majestic Svevian-Aragonese castle
You can visit these places in 1 day. You can catch a bus from the Bus Station (Via D'amico, 187) or the train from The Central Station (Piazza Giovanni XXIII) or you can go by car.
NOTO, MARZAMEMI AND VENDICARI
If you have a car, visit:
- NOTO, one of the best baroque town in Sicily
- MARZAMEMI, small sea village with stunning colours of the Sicilian landscape
- VENDICARI NATURE RESERVE, a beautiful selection and mixture of lagoons, sand dunes, rocky coastlines, and sandy beaches (Calamosche, Eloro..)
RAGUSA IBLA, MODICA AND SCICLI
If you have a car, you can admire these attractive historic towns in South-Eastern Sicily, one of the area's Unesco-listed Baroque towns. Tasting the Chocolat of Modica, exploring the baroque churches and building of Ragusa and Scicli, visiting the locations of Montalbano TV series.
It is an hard tour in 1 day due to the distance but you will see one of the best areas in Sicily!
- Archaeological Underground Tour in Catania
- Golf Club
- Adventure Park
- Etnaland -Acquapark and Theme Park
- Adventure Etna Park
- Diving Excursions
- Sky Diving
- Canyoning, Caving, Trekking
- Tour on Circumetnea (train around Etna)
- Shopping: Via Etnea, Via Umberto, Corso Italia are the streets with many shops. You can also go to some shopping centers as Centro Sicilia, Porte Di Catania, Etnapolis and Sicilia Outlet Village
- Events: Celebrations and Festivals
You can Visit the higest vulcano in Europe. You can choose a guide tour or take a bus (AST Company) from Catania:
- Leaving from Catania: 8:15 a.m. (every day except some holidays like Dec 25th)
- Leaving from Mount Etna: 4:30 pm (every day except some holidays like Dec 25th)
GOLE ALCANTARA AND CASTIGLIONE DI SICILIA
If you have a car you can spend one day at:
- 'Gole dell'Alcantara', an ideal park where going trekking and doing many outdoor activities or relaxing into the nature
- Castiglione di Sicilia, one of the most beautiful small villages in Sicily with the castle of Roger of Lauria of the XII century and an amazing view of Etna and of the valley that the river Alcantara digs between Randazzo and Taormina
If you have a car and you love the sicilian ceramics, you have to reach Caltagirone, a wonderful city rich in history and traditions framed by an amazing natural environment and its artistic and ceramic heritage
- S. Maria del Monte starway
- Church S. Maria Del Monte
- Church S. Francesco D'Assisi
- Church of Sant'Agata
- Church Of S. Pietro
- Church of the Capuchins
- Museum of Ceramic
- Public Gardens
- Ceramic Shops
RELAX AND BEACHES
- Playa of Catania (you can catch the bus 'D' from Piazza Borsellino)
- Beach of San Giovanni Li Cuti
- Vendicari Reserve (close to Siracusa), 1h20 by car. Eloro, Calamosche, Lido di Noto are the best beaches you can reach
- Marina Di Cottone (Fiumefreddo)
- Taormina (Isola Bella, Letojanni, Mazzaro')